In 2000, Mr. Md. Sabur Khan initiated a program of an integrated network / pathway of academic institutions, dedicated to expanding access to education of an international standard of excellence. The academies, which educate young men and women from pre-primary to university.
Daffodil International School is sponsored by Daffodil Computers Ltd. strives to create a harmonious balance between academic demands, sporting, cultural activities and community life. The school is a part of Daffodil Group. Daffodil Group has a long tradition of leadership in ICT and educational development in Bangladesh. Daffodil Group operates Daffodil International University (DIU), Daffodil Institute of IT (DIIT), Daffodil International College (DIC), Bangladesh Skill Development Institute (BSDI) and Daffodil International School services more than 20,000 students in Bangladesh. Daffodil Group also developing new schools in Malaysia, Nepal, Dubai, Bahrain, and UK.
Mr. Md. Sabur Khan experiences include the behavioral and motivational aspects of different age groups. He traveled and surveyed educational systems around the globe. He is the member of many national & international societies. He has more than 20 years experience to run the academic Institutions (School -DIS, College-DIC, Institute-DIIT, University-DIU) of Bangladesh and abroad.
The mission of DIS is to help young minds grow and learn in a harmonious environment resulting in the all-round development of our children. Each student’s full potential is nurtured in a friendly, caring atmosphere, which fosters intellectual, social, emotional and physical growth.
A dynamic learning community recognized as one of the leading schools in Bangladesh, offering an international curriculum in English but emphasizing equal proficiency in Bengali as a necessary prerequisite for a well-rounded education for students of Bangladesh.
The total programme at DIS addresses the whole child emphasizing the development of total personality. Our objectives are :
- To introduce the child to the joys of learning through companionship and recreational activities.
- To stimulate and satisfy the child's curiosity about his environment and provide an opportunity to discover and explore with the hands-on material.
- To channelize his energy through recreational activities.
- To develop the child's ability to express his thoughts and feelings in a fluent language and in a confident manner.
- To orient the child to develop self-confidence, self-dependability, honesty and social skills through group interaction.
- To inculcate good habits, social manners and etiquettes among children.
- To enlarge the mental horizons and broaden the outlook of the children.