Salient Features of DIS
We provide a holistic, traditional, value-for-money, internationally biased, education for globally orientated parents
- An international curricular framework, which emphasizes a learner, centered education; human centered development; a knowledge centered society, and an innovation centered India.
- Co-educational school
- International curriculum
- Experienced management team
- Educational and operation credibility - 60 years
- Limited Class size of 40 children
- Staff to student ratio of 1:20
- An atmosphere of happiness and security.
- A unique medical plan is developed for primary prevention and early detection of disease and / or malfunctioning.
- Superb outdoor area providing experience that will develop a whole variety of physical skills, imagination and creativity.
- Stimulating and challenging environment.
- Modern Teaching Curriculum.
- Play way Method of Teaching with Theme works. Play integrates all kinds of learning - social, intellectual, physical - into meaningful whole.
- Creative Development through art and design, music and movement, role-play and imaginative play.
- Ongoing assessment and record keeping including a portfolio, record of achievement and teacher records.
- Qualified, experienced staff.
- Regular Field Trips
- Good collection of books, educational toys and material.
- Development of Early reading habits in children.
- A Comprehensive Educational Program which integrates the best in our culture and philosophy with academic education
We envision the DIS that:
- focus upon a learning community working cooperatively to assist each child to succeed at the highest level possible;
- focus upon a learning process with high expectations for each child as a member of a democratic society;
- value each child as a whole person within an atmosphere of respect and tolerance for individual differences;
- collaborate with colleagues to apply proven, effective classroom learning strategies and management practices to enhance student learning.
- demonstrate excellence through character education by providing a variety of opportunities and encouraging participation by all.
- committed to keeping parents informed about their student's progress and seek opportunities to incite their active support of DIS- English Medium School and its student's.
- dedicated to developing and improving teaching strategies through professional development